What Is Breast Surgery?
Breast surgery encompasses a wide range of procedures performed to treat diseases, such as cancer, or reconstruct the breasts after cancer treatment. Procedures on the breasts can include the full or partial removal of the breasts, removal of benign breast lumps, reduction of breast size to assist with back pain and problems, or the placement of implants to restore breasts after treatment for cancer or injury. USMD Hospital at Arlington offers a comprehensive breast program to treat and reconstruct the breasts. If you have breast cancer, are at risk for breast cancer, or desire breast reconstruction after breast cancer surgery, talk with our team to learn more about our accredited breast surgery program.
In need of Breast Surgery?
Use our Physician Finder to locate a specialist to assist you with Breast Surgery.Find A Physician
Who Are Candidates for Breast Surgery?
Candidates for breast surgery are typically breast cancer patients, those with a high risk for breast cancer that would like to reduce or eliminate their breast cancer risk, and individuals who have undergone breast surgery already and desire a reconstruction surgery. In some cases, breast reconstruction can be performed directly following a mastectomy so that a patient can have a reduced hospital stay and recovery timeframe. If you need breast surgery, your doctor can help you determine the best course of action for your unique needs.
What Breast Surgery Procedures Are Performed?
We offer a wide range of breast surgeries at USMD Hospital at Arlington. Some of the most commonly performed procedures are:
- Full or Partial Mastectomy: This procedure removes breast tissue to either treat cancer or reduce a significantly high risk of cancer.
- Lumpectomy: This procedure removes a tumor while preserving as much of the healthy breast tissue as possible.
- Removal of Breast Lumps: Occasionally, a benign lump in the breast may need to be removed.
- Breast Reduction: The size of the breast is decreased to alleviate back pain and problems.
- Breast Reconstruction Surgery: This surgery aims to aesthetically restore the breasts following a mastectomy and can include implant procedures, flap reconstruction, areola and nipple reconstruction, and tissue expansion.
Comprehensive Breast Surgery
Our state-of-the-art facility utilizes the most advanced techniques and technologies to treat and prevent breast cancer. Please contact our hospital to learn more about our accredited breast program or to find a DFW breast surgeon for reconstruction or cancer treatment.