Women’s Health Services in Arlington, TX
What Are Women's Health Services?
At USMD Hospital at Arlington and at convenient locations on campus, women’s healthcare services are performed at the skilled hands of some of the most distinguished physicians in North Texas. The women's healthcare services performed at our modern facility and campus are comprehensive in nature, ranging from those involving breast health and gynecological care to cancer treatment and urological needs. Learn more about women’s health services by contacting our hospital. You can also connect with a women's healthcare specialist in the Dallas/Fort Worth area by using our physician finder feature below.
In need of Women’s Health Services?
Use our Physician Finder to locate a specialist to assist you with Women’s Health Services.Find A Physician
What Can I Expect When Receiving Women's Health Services?
The women's health specialists at USMD Hospital at Arlington strive to ensure a positive, personalized experience for all who visit our hospital. In addition, physicians, surgeons, and other healthcare practitioners providing women's health services at our Arlington, TX hospital are highly trained to utilize some of the most advanced medical technology in use today. Such technologies include:
- Robot-Assisted Surgery: With the da Vinci® Surgical system, surgeons can perform robot-assisted hysterectomies, myomectomies, the diagnostic evaluation of a pelvic mass, endometriosis treatment, and ovaries, cysts and tumors removal, among other procedures.
- Stereotactic Biopsy: This form of biopsy may be performed as an alternative to a surgical biopsy. To conduct this procedure, the physician utilizes computer-guided imaging to locate a suspicious area of tissue, a sample of which is then aspirated with a syringe.
- Laparoscopy: A number of gynecological procedures are performed laparoscopically, including the diagnosing and treatment of ovarian cysts, fertility-related concerns, uterine fibroids, adhesions, and endometriosis. Laparoscopy utilizes a light-emitting scope to allow physicians to clearly visualize structures within the pelvic area.
- Laser Technology: Advanced soft tissue lasers may be implemented to treat or remove lesions or other abnormal tissue in the cervical, vaginal, or genital areas.
These advanced options for surgical and patient care allow for a more minimally invasive procedure, often carry less downtime, and may enable a faster recovery period.
What Women's Services Are Performed at USMD Hospital at Arlington?
USMD Hospital at Arlington and convenient on-campus locations of additional providers are equipped with a full spectrum of women's healthcare services to treat a wide range of medical needs. These services include but are not limited to:
- Breast health
- Surgical biopsies
- Breast cancer surgery (mastectomy and lumpectomy)
- Breast reconstruction
- Female urinary incontinence
- Pelvic floor therapy
- Pelvic floor reconstruction
- Other gynecological surgeries
Pelvic Floor Therapy
USMD Hospital at Arlington is proud to offer pelvic floor therapy to our valued patients in the DFW metroplex. Pelvic floor therapy offers a nonsurgical approach to treating pelvic pain and incontinence, improving bladder and bowel function, enhancing sexual function, and addressing a wide variety of other diagnoses. Our program is led by the accomplished contracted physical therapist NaKisha Jackson who holds a doctorate in physical therapy from Indiana University and a Certificate of Advanced Studies in Women's Health from Texas Woman's University. This comprehensive program is tailored for individual needs and may include interventions, such as manual physical therapy, biofeedback therapy, therapeutic exercise, education, and home program development.
Comprehensive Breast Cancer Care
USMD Hospital at Arlington features a comprehensive breast cancer treatment and breast program to complement our women's healthcare services. Breast reconstruction is also performed by general and reconstructive surgeons at our Arlington, TX hospital, which can be conducted at the same time as a mastectomy in many cases.
Women’s Health Services FAQ
What Questions Should I Ask My Women’s Health Specialist at My First Appointment?
How Long Does It Take to Recover After a Hysterectomy?
How Long Will a Breast Examination Take?
Does Insurance Cover Women’s Health Services?
Place Your Health in The Hands of Trusted Physicians
No matter what a woman’s health needs might include, the team of physicians at USMD Hospital at Arlington proudly offers the highest standard of excellence in clinical care. For more on the quality of women’s care we provide or to further explore the procedures performed at our hospital, please contact our team today.