Orthopedic Surgery in Arlington, TX
What Is Orthopedic Surgery?
Orthopedics is the medical field dedicated to the study and treatment of the musculoskeletal system. An orthopedic surgeon can diagnose and provide care for many ailments that can affect the musculoskeletal system. At USMD Hospital at Arlington, we provide comprehensive surgical and nonsurgical care for the bones, joints, spine, ligaments, muscles, and nerves. Our orthopedic surgeons use the latest in advanced technologies and techniques to ensure maximum rehabilitation from any injury or illness affecting your internal structures. To locate a DFW orthopedic surgeon near you, please contact our hospital or use our physician finder tool below.
In need of Orthopedic Surgery?
Use our Physician Finder to locate a specialist to assist you with Orthopedic Surgery.Find A Physician
Who Is A Candidate for Orthopedic Surgery?
You may be a good candidate for orthopedic treatments if you have experienced an injury or illness affecting your bones, joints, spine, ligaments, muscles, or nerves. The following conditions can often be treated by an orthopedic surgeon:
- Muscle and ligament strains
- Osteoarthritis and arthritis
- Sports and workplace-related injuries
- Fractures or broken bones
- Plantar fasciitis
- Tendon injuries
- Back and neck pain
Types of Orthopedic Surgeries
The orthopedic surgeons practicing at USMD Hospital at Arlington perform a wide variety of procedures and surgeries to treat conditions affecting the musculoskeletal system. Our hospital also offers orthopedic spine surgery to treat diseases and conditions of the spine, as well as spinal injuries. Some of the orthopedic procedures performed at our Arlington, TX hospital include:
- Arthroscopy: This minimally invasive procedure allows the surgeon to closely examine the joints, such as the shoulder, knee, and hip. Small instruments, including a camera, are inserted into the joints, allowing the surgeon to see the extent of the damage. The surgeon is then able to treat the inside of the joint by removing damage and repairing affected structures, which can relieve pain and swelling.
- Joint Replacement: Our surgeons can perform joint replacement surgeries, like total hip or total knee replacement. Good candidates for joint replacement typically have severe pain or limited mobility due to a condition, like arthritis, and have not had success with other treatment options.
- Vertebral Tethering: This minimally invasive procedure is used to treat spinal conditions, like scoliosis.
- Lumbar Fusion: Orthopedic spine surgeons perform this surgery to join vertebrae in the lumbar spine (lower back) with bone grafting.
- Discectomy: Spinal surgery to remove the damaged part of a herniated disc.
- ACL Repair: The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in the knee can be injured during sports or other strenuous activities. Both surgical and nonsurgical treatments are available to help restore the ACL to its pre-injury condition.
Orthopedic Surgery FAQ
How Can I Prepare for Orthopedic Surgery?
What Kind of Pain Will I Experience After Orthopedic Surgery?
How Long Will It Take to Heal From Advanced Orthopedic Surgery?
Does Insurance Cover Orthopedic Surgery?
Comprehensive Care for Musculoskeletal Health
Whether your limited mobility and pain are caused by illness or injury, orthopedic surgeons on our medical staff have the knowledge and expertise to get you back to doing what you love. USMD Hospital at Arlington has been listed as an Aetna Institute for Quality for Total Joint Replacement and Spine Surgery. If you are in need of orthopedic surgery in Dallas, Fort Worth, or the surrounding areas, please contact our hospital for assistance in finding an orthopedic surgeon on our medical staff near you.