Otolaryngology in Arlington, TX
What Is Otolaryngology?
Otolaryngology is the study and treatment of ailments and conditions affecting the ears, nose, and throat. An otolaryngology doctor can also be called an ear, nose, and throat (ENT) doctor. As the oldest medical specialty in the United States, the field of otolaryngology has advanced to include a multitude of different surgeries and procedures. The ENT physicians practicing at USMD Hospital at Arlington offer holistic care for the head and neck, providing treatments for medical issues, like hearing loss, nerve pain, allergies, and swallowing disorders. Contact us or use our physician finder tool below to locate an ENT specialist in Dallas, Fort Worth, or Arlington, TX.
In need of Otolaryngology?
Use our Physician Finder to locate a specialist to assist you with Otolaryngology.Find A Physician
Who Is A Candidate for Otolaryngology?
ENT physicians at USMD Hospital at Arlington treat a variety of conditions that affect the systems in the head and neck. You may need to see an otolaryngologist if you have a condition that affects your ears, nose, or throat, such as:
- Hearing impairment
- Frequent or severe ear infections
- Balance disorders
- Deviated septum
- Voicebox disorders
- Swallowing disorders
- Diseases, tumors, or deformities in the head or neck
Our ENT doctors also work together with pain management specialists to treat chronic pain affecting the ears, nose, or throat that has not responded to other treatments.
Types of Otolaryngology Procedures
Our ENT physicians utilize innovative practices to perform surgical procedures. Some of the most common ENT surgical treatments include:
- Stapedectomy: The removal of part or all of the bone in the middle ear.
- Tympanoplasty: Reconstruction of the eardrum.
- Cochlear Implants: Implanted device to enable hearing.
- Myringotomy: Insertion of tubes to drain fluid from the ear to treat chronic ear infections.
- Tonsillectomy: The removal of the tonsils when they are chronically infected.
- Adenoidectomy: The removal of the adenoids when they are chronically infected.
- Sinus Surgery: Surgery that treats sinus diseases and breathing troubles.
- Thyroidectomy: The removal of all or part of the thyroid gland often to treat diseases, like cancer and hyperthyroidism.
When Should You Visit an Otolaryngologist?
How Long Does It Take to Recover From ENT Surgery?
Will ENT Surgery Hurt?
Does Insurance Cover Otolaryngology Services?
Comprehensive Care for The Ear, Nose, And Throat
The otolaryngologists on staff at USMD Hospital at Arlington use the latest in advanced technologies and techniques to treat conditions of the ear, nose, and throat. To locate a physician who specializes in otolaryngology, contact our Arlington, TX hospital or use our online physician finder tool.