Pulmonary Care in Arlington, TX
What Is Pulmonary Care?
When a patient has been diagnosed with pulmonary disease, they may have trouble breathing. Some of the major conditions that affect the lungs and the respiratory system are asthma, bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and lung cancer. USMD Hospital at Arlington offers pulmonary care to treat diseases and conditions of the lungs. If you or someone you love require treatment for pulmonary disease in DFW, contact USMD Hospital at Arlington to learn more about the services we offer.
In need of Pulmonary Care?
Use our Physician Finder to locate a specialist to assist you with Pulmonary Care.Find A Physician
Who Are Candidates for Pulmonary Treatment?
Pulmonary diseases and conditions can affect your ability to breathe, and candidates for pulmonary treatment typically have respiratory conditions. While smoking can cause or aggravate pulmonary disease, it is important to note that pulmonary diseases can affect nonsmokers as well. Some of the most commonly treated pulmonary disorders are:
- Asthma: Chronic condition where the airways swell and fill with mucus, which makes it difficult to breathe.
- Bronchitis: Swelling in the air passageways.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD): Progressive inflammation of the lungs. This condition is strongly associated with smoking.
- Croup: Virus that causes swelling in the throat and vocal cords.
- Cystic Fibrosis: Genetic disorder where unusually thick mucus clogs the lungs.
- Lung Cancer: Uncontrolled cell growth (cancer) in the lungs.
- Pneumonia: Inflammation of the lungs typically caused by infection.
- Pulmonary Embolism: Blood clot in the lung.
- Pulmonary Hypertension: High blood pressure inside the lungs.
- Sleep Apnea: Condition in which breathing stops or is obstructed during sleep.
What Pulmonary Treatments Are Available?
USMD Hospital at Arlington uses the latest state-of-the-art and advanced technologies to treat acute and chronic pulmonary conditions. Our pulmonary specialists work closely with your other physicians to ensure you receive holistic care that addresses every aspect of your health. Some of the most common pulmonary treatments and procedures include:
- Bronchoscopy: A small camera on the end of a flexible tube is used to examine air passageways.
- Lobectomy: The removal of an entire lung lobe to treat cancer, infection, or COPD.
- Lung Transplant: The replacement of diseased, dysfunctional, or infected lungs with healthy lungs from a human donor.
- Oxygen Therapy: In-hospital or at-home supplemental oxygen is given to combat the symptoms of diseases, like COPD, pneumonia, or sleep apnea.
- Mechanical Ventilation: If a patient is no longer able to breathe on their own, they may require temporary or prolonged treatment where they are attached to a machine that handles respiratory function for them.
Pulmonary Care FAQ
What Questions Should I Ask My Pulmonologist at My First Appointment?
How Long Will a Pulmonary Function Test Take?
Will Pulmonary Treatments Help Lung Disease?
Is Pulmonary Treatment in Dallas/Fort Worth Covered by Insurance?
Breathe Easier with Effective Treatments
USMD Hospital at Arlington stays on the cutting edge of new and emerging technologies and offers advanced treatment for pulmonary disease. If you or someone you love are afflicted with pulmonary disease, contact our Arlington, TX hospital to explore your treatment options.