What are the Benefits of a Hybrid Surgery?
Hybrid surgery allows patients to achieve the results they require with shorter hospital stays and faster recovery times. USMD Hospital at Arlington is proud to introduce a new Hybrid Operating Room (OR) that brings together some of the best tools and technologies available for a state-of-the-art surgical environment.
The Hybrid OR will be available for patients near DFW and North Texas beginning in May 2022. Patients who are interested in a hybrid procedure or have questions about the new OR are encouraged to contact their physician for further details. Our hospital in Arlington, TX stays at the forefront of groundbreaking technology and safe, compassionate treatment.
What is a Hybrid Operating Room?
A Hybrid OR combines the tools used in a standard operating room with innovative medical imaging technology. This allows surgeons to accommodate a wider range of procedures. It is designed to improve patient experiences and outcomes while reducing surgical time and length of stay.
Our Hybrid OR uses devices such as C-arms, CT scanners, and MRI scanners to provide a virtually unprecedented level of accuracy for open surgeries and minimally invasive procedures alike. Our talented team of surgeons can operate with more precision than ever before.
What surgeries are performed using a hybrid approach?
The surgeons who operate at USMD Hospital at Arlington can perform many highly complex operations using a hybrid approach. This includes advanced oncology and vascular surgeries, such as:
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement
- Endovascular aneurysm repair
- Stent graft placement
Many laparoscopic and minimally invasive procedures are also performed in our Hybrid Operating Room. However, it is best to consult with your physician to see if a specific surgery can be performed in our innovative OR. Our specialists can provide guidance on the best way to proceed with your care in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex area.
What are the benefits involved with a hybrid procedure?
Some people are apprehensive about undergoing hybrid surgery, but it is actually safer and more effective than many standard procedures. Some of the benefits include:
- Less risk: By providing a wider range of technologies in our Hybrid OR, patients can enjoy all the benefits of surgery with less risk. This can lead to better outcomes. We work hard to minimize any potential complications.
- Short recovery times: Hybrid surgery usually leads to shorter hospital stays and faster recovery times. Patients can get back to their routines more quickly than normal and often with less discomfort.
- A fully prepared OR: Our Hybrid Operating Room is equipped to handle any complications that may arise from a minimally invasive procedure. Surgeons can quickly and easily convert to open surgery if necessary.
Discover our new Hybrid Operating Room
USMD Hospital at Arlington is proud to offer patients the latest in surgical tools and technologies. Our Hybrid OR allows surgeons to use minimally invasive techniques and traditional open surgery in the same procedure. This provides patients with the best possible outcomes while minimizing their time in the hospital.
The new Hybrid Operating Room will be available for patients beginning in May 2022. If you have questions about our new Hybrid OR in Arlington, TX, or want to learn about our surgical services, please contact our team. We look forward to providing you with the personalized care you need.