What Surgeries are Performed in a Hybrid Operating Room?
The operating room (OR) is an essential part of any hospital – it is where life-saving procedures are performed every day. This October, USMD Hospital at Arlington is now home to a brand-new, state-of-the-art hybrid operating room to provide even better patient care.
A hybrid operating room combines the tools used in a traditional surgical setting with imaging devices such as C-arms, CT scanners, and MRI scanners. This allows us to accommodate open surgeries and minimally invasive image-guided procedures in Arlington, TX.
Patients who require surgery now have access to a more comfortable and private setting, as well as leading technology. To learn more about your options for hybrid surgery, please visit our physician directory to connect with a surgeon near you.
What patients can expect in a hybrid operating room
A hybrid operating room is equipped to handle both open surgeries and minimally invasive image-guided procedures. Surgeons who operate at USMD Hospital at Arlington can perform the following in our new OR:
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement: A less invasive alternative to open-heart surgery, this procedure replaces a patient’s damaged aortic valve.
- Endovascular aneurysm repair: This surgery can treat an aneurysm, or a bulge in a blood vessel, by placing a stent inside the affected artery.
- Stent graft placement: A stent graft is a tube-like device that is inserted into an artery to treat an aneurysm.
- Advanced oncology surgeries: These procedures are used to treat cancer by surgically removing tumors.
A consultation with a healthcare professional is the best way to determine if a procedure can be performed in our hybrid OR. We are proud to serve patients with a wide range of health needs throughout the DFW (Dallas/Fort Worth) metroplex.
What are the benefits of a hybrid OR?
Our hybrid operating room offers many benefits for both patients and surgeons all across North Texas. These include:
- Improved patient care: Hybrid ORs allow for a more comfortable and private surgical experience. Patients also have access to the newest advances in medicine.
- Increased accuracy: With the use of imaging devices, surgeons can more accurately target treatment areas. This leads to fewer post-surgical complications.
- Shorter hospital stays: The use of minimally invasive techniques often results in shorter hospital stays and less time in recovery.
- Consolidate procedures: Multiple procedures can be performed in a single session, which reduces the need for multiple surgeries and hospital visits.
Is hybrid surgery covered by insurance?
At USMD Hospital at Arlington, we understand that patients have questions about their insurance coverage and how it may impact their care. Rest assured, our administrative team is available to help you understand your insurance benefits and coverage for hybrid surgery. We participate with most major insurance companies and are happy to assist you in getting the answers you need.
Ask about our new hybrid OR
Image-guided treatments, transcatheter aortic valve replacement, endovascular aneurysm repair, and stent graft placement are just a few examples of what can be performed in a hybrid setting. Your provider may recommend a hybrid procedure based on your individual needs and health condition.
No matter your healthcare concerns, our staff at USMD Hospital at Arlington is here to provide the highest quality of care. Learn more about our new hybrid operating room by contacting a physician who provides surgical care at our hospital.